Sunday, November 12, 2006

VSN's over and I'm carded out!













This is the card I made for the quilt challenge, you had to make a card that looked like a quilt. I decided to make a teabag folded tree and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The teabag folding took a while and so I didn't have any more time to add anything as you only have 45 minutes to do each challenge.




I used Stampin Up designer papers for all the elements.










This was a card where you had to use your birthday color, which in my case was purple as my birthstone for February is amethyst, and you had to use beads.



So, I was having difficulty coming up with any ideas, so I turned to my faithul friend, Roses in Winter. This set is just so great for making a card in a rush, because you can come up with a great image with very little effort.



The one thing I learned, stamp and emboss the sentiment before you add the beads. I couldn't stamp the sentiment properly because the beads stopped the stamp from stamping!



I love the colors of this card. I used Vintage Violet, Lavender Lace and Certainly Celery, I will definitely use this color combination again.








I hate how this card turned out. As I was watercoloring the bird, my aquapainter was too wet and so all the colors ran! Hmppppfffff!


I do love this bird on a branch, it is so versatile and you can use it for so many occasions. The bird is raised on dimensionals, so maybe I can do another and replace it after VSN is over, but again I ran out of time.







I was having a bad day this morning, I was making stupid mistakes, but I guess that's what happens when you only have 45 minutes.

I have a new heat gun and it is much more powerful than my old heat gun, so if you look at this card carefully you will see I burned a hole in the top half of the ribbon and in the bottom right corner under the sentiment.

I am really disappointed that my camera could not capture the sparkliness of this card. I used Ruby Twinkle powder and it is just like Dorothy's shoes in real life!

Now I just have to make a birthday card for my son's friend, as Luke is going to his birthday party this afternoon!

3 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT Looking cards!!!
So, I'm wondering why you were using the heat gun right on the card anyway.......don't you emboss then add to the card?
Trim off the ribbon and use it for something else!
Again, GREAT JOB!

Jen said...

I love all your VSN cards!! You always are such an amazing stamper!!

Tonniece said...

Great cards Alli

Tonniece