Sunday, May 20, 2007

VSN



I love VSN on Splitcoast, but this weekend I only had time to make 4 cards, this was one of them.

You had to make a card with quilling. I used to teach quilling a lot a while ago and I got so fed up of it, I could never do any quilling. But I've had a break and I really enjoyed making this card, it only took me about 30 minutes all in.

So, I am determined to make more non-stamped cards, like quilling or teabag folding, but I don find myself going through stages. This stage is obviously scallops and cuttlebugging lol.

The scallops were actually made with my cricut and not scallop punches.

Details of card

sets used - Papertrey Green Thumb

cardstock - Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, white

inks - lovely lilac

accessories - cuttlebug, cricut, ribbon, quilling tool and papers, slit punch

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally, this is gorgeous! Love the flower and the little ladybug is adorable!!!

I have never tried my hand on paper quilling before. It looks like tedious work.

Alli Miles said...

This is GORGEOUS. I have never tried paper quilling...I always walk by those supplies in the LSS...I think you have inspired me to give it a whirl TFS.
Alli

Nancy said...

truly beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my....this is beautiful!! (I've never tried quilling either) Gorgeous!!

Bethany Paull said...

Wow! Great tulip. I didn't even get a chance to try this one. My weekend's been non-stop.

paperartschicago said...

Ally,

Absolutely beautiful. I do agree, going through stages is part of this art/craft. Your card is filled with detail and texture to admire. Thanks for sharing.

grace

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors, the embossing and your paper quilling. Fantastic!

Taylor said...

This is gorgeous! I love the ribbon slide you created and I love how you cuttlebugged the scalloped circles! What a great idea!

Joan said...

Wow, this is amazing. Love that flower. So bright and full of detail. This looks like it took a lot of work.

Lisa said...

This is a stunning card. Love your quilling. :)

Unknown said...

Love that quilling! What a gorgeous card!

Diane Gilbert said...

Ally, This is beautiful! I love the quilling, I haven't done it for years. Great card!

Dorinda said...

stunning!!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love your quilling! It is wonderful!!! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

Vicki G said...

Wow!!!! This is sweet and precious!!!!!

I Love it!!!!

Vicki

Kelly said...

Do pretty great ribbon flowers and love the cuttlebugged background!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Ally its gorgeous, ive tried quilling but never created such a beautiful one like yours.

Andrea xx

Cyndi said...

Wow not sure how I missed this but glad I found it now!

This is gorgeous! Great card!!!

Filka said...

this is beautiful!!