Thursday, September 28, 2006

At last, my waterfall card

At last, here is my waterfall card all done and uploaded. I have a new camera and I'm still learning how to take a decent photo, so sorry it is a little bit blurred.





The main card is in artichoke green, with bravo burgundy panel. The stamped panels are bordered in bravo burgundy and the piece that you pull is bordering blue.






I made my squares about 1/2" bigger than the instructions and forgot to allow for that on the piece that you pull, so now that panel is too small. Rats!

Never mind, I'm really happy with how the card turned out generally.




Here is the second square of the waterfall card. I used an aquabrush and craft inks (pigment ink) to watercolor all the images, except for the sky which I sponged with bordering blue.





This is the third panel of four.









This is the final panel of the four. It was my least favorite of the four for some reason, I don't know why because this is usually one of my favorite images, I think it is because there is no child in the picture.

I find this image incredibly serene, I think it is a lovely image to send to a friend who is going through tough times. There are times when I would love a place like this on my own to think.

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hi Alli

I just happened on your site, and I love your cards.
This card however, is truely amazeing.
I have never heard of a waterfall card before. How exactally do you do this. Is there a site or do you have a pictorial of the process?

Anyway, as I said beautiful cards, I have you book marked.

Tonniece

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is one involved waterfall card!! The first time I made one I think I stamped a few snowflakes on each panel!! Each little piece of this is a gorgeous piece of art that must have taken a long time!! Beautiful!