Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's hard sometimes

I am probably my harshest critic. I throw so much or give so much away, I also find it impossible to make a number of cards the same. I struggle so much at Christmas because I just cannot make 10 or 20 of the same card.

This was definitely a card that I struggled with a lots, it nearly got thrown in the bin a lot! This card is for the card sketch and color challenges on www.splitcoaststampers.com.

So the card had to be in these colors and be pieced together this way.

This card started off looking nothing like this. My main image was a butterfly. The ribbon was horizontal and I had brads and no primas. I absolutely hated it when I left it late last night, so this morning I took it apart, as you can see if you look to the right of the main image, there are tear marks.

I changed from a butterfly to a flower, I added the primas and changed the ribbon from horizontal to vertical. I'm still not wowed by it and I have nowhere to put a sentiment, but sometimes you just have to walk away from it.

I'll see if anything comes to me and I might change it again. This is why I give all my finished cards to my best friend Fi, because I end up binning cards like this because there is something about it that is not quite right and I can't work out what it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is absolutly Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, it really is a process to get a card just right!! But in this case it was worth the extra work!! I love your final product!!