Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Christmas card


I saw this Father Christmas image at the same craft show as the stampscape images, I just had to have him. How gorgeous is he? He really encapsulates the magic of Christmas to me.
I stamped the Merry Christmas onto chipboard that I had colored burgundy. After I made the card, I decided that the stamp I used didn't work, so I sanded it and restamped, but I can't get a good photo of it.
I also used the cracked glass technique on Father Christmas but you can't see it in the photo, but in real life this card looks very vintage and old.
I am going to submit it to a magazine competition where the winner will be a designer for the site, so fingers crossed everyone!

2 comments:

Tonniece said...

I too love this stamp. it's stunning.

Tonniece

Anonymous said...

SO, did ya win? You sure should win, this is lovely and I agree with your comment of how the Santa image incapsulates the magic of Christmas...he is gorgeous!