Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Falling in love!


OK, this is so stupid! Do you ever fall in love with stamps? I went to a stamp show on Sunday with Fiona and they had Stampscape stamps there. I fell in love, they were so gorgeous!
The lady demoing made the technique look so easy. She used fluid chalks and swiped them across the glossy card with a sponge. I tried this and wasted so much glossy cardstock trying to do it.
So eventually I swapped to a Kaleidacolor pad and brayered half of the sheet, then turned the card around and brayered again and then stamped the cottage scene on the card. The moon was next, then the banks and finally the trees around the top.
There was a big hole in the middle so I put a sheet of acetate over the top of the picture with the word always stamped with Stazon. I am so happy with how this turned out.
If you want to look at Stampscape stamps just go to www.stampscapes.com but coming soon is a British site called www.stampscapes.co.uk

2 comments:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Ally, this is just gorgeous! I really love the serene feel to it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Im in awe!! Those stampscape scenes really intimidate me but your card turned out gorgeous! Great job!